St. Mary and All Saints, Kidderminster
The Friends of St. Mary's
Founded by Canon R B Jolly in 1951, the Friends of St Mary’s was set up primarily for the people of Kidderminster who were not necessarily members of St Mary’s Church but who were interested in the building and it’s history.Now a charity, The Friends of St. Mary’s Kidderminster aims to assist in the maintenance, preservation and enrichment of the fabric and artefacts of St Mary and All Saints’ Church, Kidderminster for the public benefit.
St Mary’s needs more than the support of its congregation. Today, members from far and wide ensure that the fabric of this beautiful, ancient church of medieval origin, can be maintained for generations to come.
For many, St Mary’s holds special memories – maybe they, or their relatives before them, were married or baptised there, others may have been inspired by their visit and enjoyed the exceptional atmosphere of this beautiful church.
The primary responsibility for the running and maintenance of the church rests with the District Church Council, but The Friends are able to assist with repairs and refurbishment within the confines of the Charity’s Constitution thanks to subscriptions, donations, fundraising and legacies.